Order information for Connector Kits
Build your own geodesic dome
We use Paypal for secure online fund transfers. If you have a Paypal account you can make a transfer by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a Paypal account, email your personal information and you will receive an invoice or funds request via Paypal. You do not have to sign up for a Paypal account, and you may use your credit card or pay by echeck. Or phone/ email (281) 685-6727 for orders or pricing information, totals etc. Please leave a message on the voice mail if no one is available to answer your call.
Connector Kits made from pvc or aluminum connector hubs are available for all of our domes. Those who want to cut their own lumber can save considerably.
PRINTABLE ORDER FORM
Connector Kits includes:
- Measurements for a particular dome size including strut lengths and angles
- Standard size pvc connector hubs ready for dome assembly
- Instructions for measuring, cutting, drilling and waterproofing lumber for dome struts
- Illustrated assembly instructions
- All necessary hardware: nuts, bolts, washers, screws; zinc plated for rust resistance
- Door instructions – where applicable; an additional expense may apply for custom domes/doors
- Paper dome model plans
- Instructions on applying various coverings
- Patttern and layout for applying our 11 mil Super Poly
- Free email technical support/phone support. An additional expense may apply for extra phone consultation.
Connector Kits listed apply to wood domes made from standard lumber sizes.
Standard: schedule 40 pvc
Upgrade: schedule 80 pvc (320 psi) recommended for ~20 ft and larger domes, or smaller requiring extra strength. Thicker and stronger than sch. 40 (270 psi)
Quick connecting feature: applies to wood domes only. More hardware and mfg. labor involved. Very good for easier assembly, or repeated assembly/disassembly.
Stainless steel fasteners
Cupola Option: Cupola Hubs with hardware, typically adds $300; Type 1 or 2 cupolas
Metal Connector Hubs – made aluminum or steel roughly twice the cost of the plastic Connector Hubs – write or phone for details.
Engineering needed for obtaining a building permit. Check with local officials
Professional architectural deaign and construction drawings.
Please email if you would like to inlcude certain options or info/prices for other domes and options not listed such as aluminum connectors and steel tube domes, Geo-Spheres, Canada/Mexico and overseas delivery, etc.
This 40 ft Garden Dome 4 was built using our sch. 80 pvc Connector Kit and Super Poly cover material