Worldflower Garden Domes Newsletter No. 1
An illustration of the Garden Dome 2, based on 3D solid modelling,
done with a computer aided design [CAD] program
1. "A.S." recently sent us photos of his dome near Dallas, Texas. It is
a 20 ft Garden Dome 2 with Base Option. This is the largest GD2+Base thus
far. Covered with Super Poly, and made by cutting his own lumber and using
the schedule 80 heavy duty pvc Connector Kit. A.S.'s recommendation: "I
strongly advise using an air powered ratchet if you are going to do this."
2. Our latest dome was made using calculations from Rick Bono's Dome 4.6
freeware, which in turn was made based on dome math in Hugh Kenner's Geodesic
Math and How To Use It. It is also our largest dome thus far. Type
is 6 frequency Class I Octahedral dome, half dome (= 1/4 sphere), 36 ft.
diameter (= 18 ft tall); made from 2 x 4 struts using our heavy duty Connector
Kit. It is set up against a vertical wall inside a warehouse, and will
be covered with Coroplast sheet material.
3. "M.T." in Missouri is preparing to build his 30 ft dome and develop
it into a cozy home to spend his retirement years in. It is the first "Garden
Dome Home" made from our heavy duty connector hubs, a 3 frequency "5/8"
dome (Garden Dome 3 + Base Option). A capable builder, M.T. will
be doing the plumbing, electric work, interior framing and finishing himself.
4. "D.S." Is putting his Geo-Sphere to good use. Photo
5. "J.A." sends us this photo of the Star Dome with lights added. Click.
6. At the Dome Ranch in Georgetown, Texas [visitors welcome] we are covering
our Star Dome 1 and making it into our workshop. The deck foundation is
already laid, and a pentagonal cupola added on top. Check back for progress
7. We are currently working on an on-line shopping cart for ordering Connector
Kits and the Catalog. Another first for offering do-it-yourself geo-dome
products on the WWW. We also welcome your toll free phone calls for ordering
and to answer any questions you may have.
8. Please send your dome photos and comments to be considered for inclusion
in our monthly newsletter.
Remember to check back next month for the W.G.D. Newsletter Update...your
Worldflower Garden Domes