Connector Kits are available for all of our domes. Those who want to cut their own lumber can save considerably.You can build your own dome by supplying your own lumber for the struts, and make it any size convenient for your needs. Connector Kits are available for all the domes and Base Options when applicable. Connector Kits apply to wood dome frames.
The Connector Kit includes:
- Directions for sawing boards- measurements and angles for a particular dome size.
- Standard or heavy duty pvc or metal (aluminum or steel) Connector Hubs – our patented connector design that makes low cost do-it-yourself domes possible.
- Instructions for sawing, drilling and waterproofing lumber for dome struts.
- Illustrated assembly instructions. Parts are identified by letter, number, etc.
- All necessary hardware- galvanized rustproof fasteners
- Instructions on applying dome cover materials.
- All dimensions in English and Metric measurements.
- Technical support
This 17ft GD4 was made with our Frame Kit (precut boards ready to assemble plus Connector Kit), using struts made from 2×2 pine
More at PHOTOS
Connector Kit Prices
Prices are based on the dome type and hub quantity. See price charts and Package Deals
Standard: schedule 40 pvc
Upgrade: schedule 80 pvc recommended for 25 ft and larger domes, or smaller requiring extra strength. Thicker and stronger than sch. 40
Options: Steel, for home or extra strong and permanent construction, has iron oxide anti-corrosion finish. Aluminum- high strength low corrosion type with powder coat (TGIC polyester). Stainless steel fasteners are additional.
Quick connecting feature: applies to wood domes only. Typically adds 15% to cost, with more hardware and mfg. labor involved. Very good for easier and faster assembly, or repeated assembly/disassembly. Zinc plated type hdw. only.
You get plenty of drawings including Edome, charts, diagrams and specifications for making your dome with the Connector Kit, such as this exploded illustration of the 14 ft 2 x 4 Tetra-Dome:
Translucent woven poly used as an effective and inexpensive dome covering. The Super Poly dome covering includes:
- Our special super strong long lasting 11 mil woven polyethylene.
- Cutting patterns and instructions for installing the Super Poly. Cutting patterns are similar to the dome paper model plans, scaled to your dome size and arranged to fit on standard 10 or 12 ft widths of the Super Poly.
- Patterns for other materials such as shadecloth or plywood, with triangle measures in English and Metric
Tools required for applying super poly are: staple gun, glue gun, trim knife.
Accesory option- Using Polyfastener for attaching the Super Poly, easily removeable for dome windows:
- Insert strip
- Polyfastener channel
- Super Poly
- Roller tool
#2 Polyfastener Channel is attached to the 2 x 2 or 2 x 4 frame using staples or flat head screws. The roller tool forces the insert strip into the channel, locking the poly material. A hook tool is also supplied for removal.
Super Poly shown with vinyl coated fiberglass wire screen, used for shade cloth over the domes during seasons of high temperatures to reduce interior heat. Slightly enlarged to show detail.Many varieties of shade cloth are available.
Many varieties of shade cloth are available.
A 30ft GD3-EZ -X1 covered with Super Poly
This 30ft GD3-X1 was also covered with our 11 mil Super Poly
An extra level of triangles added to raise height of the domes. Consists of all necessary struts [frame kits], Connector Hubs, hardware and instructions. Depending on the dome size, the Base Option will raise your dome approximately 3 to 5 feet and add a significant amount of useable interior space. It may also be a Vertical Base Option, [rectangles] best when adding a rigid siding such as plywood or polycarbonate greenhouse glazing. See Octa-Dome
Domes are available in a complete do-it-yourself Frame Kit, including the following:
- Super strong plastic hub connectors, pre drilled for attaching hardware and struts. Steel and aluminum connectors are also available.
- Wood struts, cut to specified lengths and angles; best grade available (“premium”) white and/or yellow pine with oil base sealer-protector applied unless other is specified. Also struts are pre drilled with a pilot hole and ready to assemble.
- All necessary hardware: nuts, bolts, washers, screws; rust proof “galvanized” hardware (best in moist environments).
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions
- A paper model plan of your dome to aid in assembly
- Foundation suggestions, covering instructions
- Free email technical support
- Optional: Precut cover triangles made from plywood, OSB or other materials, design consultation, technical drawings, engineer certification, white exterior latex paint, etc.
We offer our domes at a SUPER VALUE price for a remarkable product that you will use and enjoy for many years. Domes are very rigid and will support weight such as shelving, hanging baskets, lights, snow, etc. Our domes are designed to be easily assembled with common hand tools. Lumber used is 2 x 4, (or other as specified) white and yellow pine; best grade available. Clear oil based weather sealer/preservative is applied to all lumber as a standard procedure. (Keep freezing moisture out of your wood!) An optional weather protector is available, “White Coat” that is a coating of exterior grade white latex paint brushed on. Domes made from steel (emt tube) or aluminum (hollow square or round extrusion) are an alternative to wood strut domes that we can manufacture. Write us about other dome ideas.
Domes are also completely portable, taken apart piece-by-piece or by sections (or lifted as a unit with several men or proper equipment). Our exclusive Construction Connector System makes assembly quick and easy with only basic mechanical skills required. Actual assembly (the basic frame) takes approx. 3-8 hours for most domes; depending on dome type and size, number of workers, and if regular or power tools are used (you can use an air powered ratchet for wood dome assembly).
Shipping for a complete dome Frame Kit depends on destination and weight. Smaller domes may be shipped by UPS in several boxes. For instance: 1 x 2 and 2 x 2 domes to 20 ft. (most cases), steel tube domes/spheres. Larger domes (2 x 4, 2 x 6) may weigh several hundred lb. We will use the most economical freight delivery from our manufacturing facility in Beaumont, Tx. to your location. Send your Zip Code for an estimate. A cost saving option is renting a truck or trailer and doing the transporting yourself.