OCTA - DOME 4 XT
XT = Extensions added
The 20 ft Octa Dome 4 divided in half, with two 8 foot extensions and center row of hubs and struts.
This is like a round house with Octa-Dome sections on the ends. The Octa-Domes will add stability to the round house, and increase floor area. Dimensions on this example are: 36′ Length x 20′ Width x 10′ Height.
Perspective view shows extensions now 4 ft long, for easier covering and support for cover materials.
A door retrofit can be placed in one of these rectangle areas. Octahedral Dome ends can be made to fit on an existing round house, or installed on a vertical wall. Also applies to Octa – Ellipse Domes
This drawing shows 2 eight foot extensions along the length and width. Floor dimensions become 36 ft x 36 ft.
Pyramids on top are a design enhancement that can add function also – will help shed rain and aid in air circulation if vents are added. This type of structure will need interior support columns – it’s no longer a self supporting dome.
An aerial view of the design with 2 extensions along the length and 1 along the width; and 2 pyramids in the top 2 squares.
Pictorial view of the structure with 8 ft extensions along both length and width. Floor dimensions become 28 ft x 28 ft.
Octahedral pyramid on top is the Cupola extension design, for adding height and windows.
- Wood Domes – 1 x 2 to 2 x 6 made with our cylinder Connector Hubs (pvc or other plastic, metal – aluminum or steel); 3,4,5,6,7 + frequency.
- Steel Tube construction
- Aluminum construction
- Basic design applies to all Octahedral domes with four-way symmetry.
- Extension lengths are variable to accomodate dome type/size and functional requirements.
Cupola height and angle of pyramid.
- Coverings: Super Poly, OSB, plywood, Coroplast, Polycarbonate greenhouse glazing, roof finishing materials.
- Adaptations for standard doors and windows.
- Architecural and engineering certifications.